Welcome to the website of the Chlorakas Palloures excavation project!
Since 2015 a team of archaeologists from Leiden University, the Netherlands, is researching the Chalcolithic in Cyprus. Excavations have started on a location in Chlorakas which is locally known as Palloures. On this website you can find information about the project, its background, current state and prospects. If you require more information please contact us.
Also, if you are interested in sponsoring the project please contact us!
The project could not have started without the help of the following people and institutions who we would like to thank:
– The staff of the Department of Antiquities in Nicosia (in particular Dr. Marina Ieronymidou, Dr. Despina Pilides, and Dr. Stathis Raptou);
– The staff of the Department of Antiquities in the Paphos Museum (in particular Elena Meranou and Margarita Kouali);
– The Byvanck Fonds (Leiden University) for financing our first campaigns;
– The Faculty of Archaeology and ARCHOL at Leiden University for logistical support;
– The Lemba Archaeological Centre (in particular Dr. Paul Croft);
– Professor Dr. Eddie Peltenburg and Dr. Lindy Crewe.